Wettermark Keith logo

Karl Trucks is now an attorney at Wettermark Keith. You can view his profile on their site by clicking here or email him at [email protected].

Panama City Weapons Crimes Lawyer

Protect Your Freedoms

When it comes to weapons offenses, even a first time conviction can lead to years in jail. Subsequent offenses can result in as much as a life sentence.

To protect your freedom, you need someone who understands the legal system. Our lead attorney, Karl Trucks, is the right choice. Put our 20 years of criminal defense experience to work for you.

If you’d like your weapon offense case reviewed, contact our Panama City criminal defense attorney today at (850) 230-5550.

Cases We Defend

Unfortunately, you can be charged with a weapons offense even if you didn’t intend to do anything wrong.

Some of the situations that can lead to a criminal charge are:

  • Possession of a concealed weapon without a license
  • Owning or possessing a firearm after being convicted of a felony
  • Improper exhibition of a weapon, which can include metal knuckles, a knife, or a slingshot
  • Using a firearm under the influence

Strategic Defense Against Weapons Offenses

The goal of a defense is to introduce reasonable doubt into the case. Remember, it’s the prosecution’s responsibility to prove their case. Even if you don’t always feel like it, you’re considered innocent until proven guilty.

There are certain weapons that Florida citizens are allowed to carry for self-protection, such as stun guns, chemical sprays under two ounces, and other non-lethal weapons. If you’re charged with improper exhibition of a weapon, you may be able to show that it was in self-defense or that the display was non-threatening.

These two examples just scratch the surface of possible defenses. We want you to know there is hope when you work with Karl Trucks. We’ll do everything we can to give you a vigorous defense.

Our Panama City criminal defense attorney offers free consultations on all weapons offenses, so call us today to set up an appointment. We will review your case and answer your questions. Call (850) 230-5550.