Strategic Criminal Defense Strategies
An assault or battery charge is serious and can carry significant fines or jail time. It’s vital to have an experienced Panama City criminal defense lawyer on your side to help protect your rights.
For a free consultation about your assault or battery case, contact Karl Trucks at (850) 230-5550 today.
What Is Assault & Battery?
Assault is any threat of physical attack against another person. It can be charged on its own or alongside a battery charge. Battery is an act of intentionally hitting or causing bodily harm to another person.
Depending on the circumstances, there are a variety of defense strategies available for assault or battery charges. You need someone who understands the legal system and provides aggressive representation. Karl Trucks is the Panama City criminal defense lawyer you need. With over 20 years of experience defending accused individuals, our team can review your case from every angle to understand exactly what happened and how we can help you.
How to Handle an Assault or Battery Charge
If you’re charged with assault or battery, there are several steps you can take to help us provide focused defense solutions.
- Write the facts down. As soon as possible after the incident, write down everything you can remember about what happened and why. Your memory may not be as reliable later, especially with the stress of the criminal charge.
- Don’t talk about it. Be sure to keep the incident between you and your lawyer. Don’t discuss the charge with anyone and don’t admit guilt or fault. No one needs to know your business, and unfortunately, anything you say can be used against you in court.
- Contact a Panama City criminal defense lawyer right away. You don’t want to delay in getting your legal defense started. Contact Karl Trucks as soon as you can.
Our firm offers free consultations to review your case and let you know more about how we can help. Contact us at (850) 230-5550 today!
- Over Two Decades of Experience
- Handled Thousands of Cases
- Experience In & Out of the Courtroom
- Open and Honest Communication About Your Case
- Free Confidential Consultations Available