What to do if you are in an automobile accident:
- Check to see if you or any other occupants of your vehicle are in need of medical attention. If so, call 911 immediately.
- Turn on your emergency flashers.
- Make sure that it is safe to exit your vehicle.
- If you can safely leave your vehicle, check to see if the occupants of the other vehicle(s) are in need of medical attention. If so, call 911.
- Contact the proper law enforcement agency and report the crash.
- While you are waiting on law enforcement, preserve as much evidence as possible:
- Use a camera or smart phone to take photographs of the vehicles before they are moved!
- Also photograph damage to vehicles and any other property damage caused by the collision.
- Make sure that you photograph the license plates of all vehicles involved.
- Write down the names and contact information of any witnesses, including the driver of the other vehicle(s).
- Remain with your vehicle ONLY if it is safe to do so. Otherwise, find the closest safe place to wait for law enforcement.
- Make sure that you have your driver’s license, registration, and proof of insurance available for the officer working the crash scene.
- Provide any information requested by law enforcement, but do not speak with other persons about the crash UNTIL after you have spoken with an experienced personal injury attorney.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible after the crash. Do so even if you believe that you are alright. Many injuries do not materialize until days after the accident.
When to File a Personal Injury Claim
When dealing with the immediate aftermath of an accident, you may not be thinking about the long-term effects it may have. However, there are many lasting consequences that commonly result from auto and other types of accidents.
You may want to consider hiring a Panama City personal injury attorney if you’ve been injured or are experiencing any of the following as a result of your accident:
- Painful physical injuries
- Emotional distress
- Unpaid medical bills
- Inability to return to work
- Catastrophic injuries
- Lost or reduced wages
- Permanent disability
When insurance companies or other parties refuse to cooperate and compensate you for your justified damages, it is crucial that you retain trusted and proven legal counsel.
Reach Out to Our Firm for Guidance
Karl Trucks and our entire staff strive to recover fair compensation on behalf of our clients. We understand that dealing with an injury is already difficult enough—let us help simplify the legal process of filing your claim. We are committed to providing each and every client with personalized attention and honest communication. When you hire us, our firm takes the time to carefully look at every detail of your case in order to maximize your chances for fair restitution. We have more than two decades of experience navigating the legal system and can help you fight for your right to compensation.
Ready to schedule your free case evaluation? Call us at (850) 230-5550.