Experienced Panama City Lawyer
Attorney Karl Trucks was born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama. After graduating from Vestavia Hills High School, he attended the University of South Alabama on an academic scholarship. Karl went on to attend Auburn University and University of Alabama at Birmingham where he earned a spot on the presidential honor role for a total of nine semesters for attaining a perfect 4.0 GPA.
Upon graduation from the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Karl entered the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University. While attending Cumberland, Karl was the overall winner of the school-wide Haley Federal Court Trial Competition. He was also a member of the Cumberland Trial Advocacy Board, was listed in Who’s Who of American Law Students, and was appointed to the prestigious Order of the Barristers for achieving excellence in the art of courtroom advocacy.
Karl was also a member of the Cumberland Moot Court Board and was one of only three students selected to compete on the Cumberland National Moot Court Team, which advanced to the national finals in New York City in 1994. Following the competition, he was presented with the United States Supreme Court Justice Lewis F. Powell Medal for Excellency in Advocacy. Karl also attended the University of Victoria School of Law in Victoria, British Columbia where he studied pertinent aspects of Asian Law.
After law school, Karl was admitted to practice in both Florida and Alabama. Soon thereafter, he entered private practice in Panama City, Florida. Karl is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court of Alabama for the Middle District, and the United States District Court of Florida for the Northern District.
Karl is a member of the American Bar Association, the St. Andrew Inn of Court, the Bay County Bar Association, and the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- St. Andrew Inn of Court
- Bay County Bar Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University; Birmingham, Alabama
- University of Victoria, Faculty of Law; Victoria, British Colombia
- University of South Alabama; Mobile, Alabama
- Auburn University; Auburn, Alabama
- Winner of Haley Federal Court Trial Competition
- Member of the Cumberland Trial Advocacy Board
- Listed in Who’s Who of American Law Students
- Appointed to the Order of the Barristers
- Member of the Cumberland Moot Court Board
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Lewis F. Powell Medal for Excellency in Advocacy